“I have a passion for creating things, especially if they help bring the community together.” – Gpro‘s Rob Gaston
Photos WITH some recent collaborators:
More about GPro’s Rob Gaston’s work history:
President and Founder GPro Digital Media (Gaston Productions), Kingston NY (2018 to Current)
- Develop and oversee long-term digital marketing campaigns as well as conceptualize short-term marketing solutions for small to mid-size businesses located primarily in Ulster County.
- Streamline brand’s message and web presence, often with new logos and websites.
- Create cohesive multi-platform content involving creative writing, graphic design, and image/video shooting and editing skills.
- Customize advertising strategies and social media platforms to stimulate buzz and build community involvement while increasing customer loyalty, brand awareness and sales.
- Please note: Further G-Pro client details are available upon request.
Director – Catskill Mountain Railroad, Kingston NY (2017 to 2019)
- Created original productions Peace Train, Great Train Robbery, and the sold-out Rails of Terror;
- Developed programming that boosted ridership on existing excursion including characters Jackie O Lantern on the Fall Flyer and Pumpkin Express, Billowbee the Bunny and Fernando the Fox on the Easter Bunny Express and Spike the Dog for summertime and new event Ice Cream Sundays.
- With the success of my first three events CMRR began paying all qualified volunteers for the first time in corporation 35+ year history and we were able to create more than 65 new seasonal jobs.
- Created multi-platform marketing materials and a new website with 250,000+ users and 25,000 new subscribers, in turn generating increased following on Facebook and Instagram of more than 25% by 2018.
- Conceptualized and implemented online ticketing platform to improve customer experience.
- Designed and implemented Hospitality Center hosting 26,000+ for 2018 holiday season.
- Advanced cross-promotion strategies by collaborating with numerous community affiliates including The Kingston Plaza, Kenco Outfitters, Radio Woodstock, and Best Western Plus.
- Within two years of tenure increased annual stated revenues across the board including a 31% growth of The Polar Express™ Train Ride. Awarded a 4% refund of 2018 residuals from franchise in recognition of the growth in both revenue and ridership in region.
Direct Care Support Supervisor – Woodstock Manor, Lake Hill NY (2016 to 2018)
- Developed and implemented group activities such as “Interactive Arts” and “Circle of Talent” (a weekly performance and presentation series) and conducted Life Skills activities and “Mindful Meditation” for a private community of adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
- Additional duties included meal planning, cooking, dispensing medication, counseling, goal setting and maintaining Activity and Progress Reports.
Project Manager and Events Coordinator – Help on the Way, Philadelphia PA (2012 to 2016)
- Project development, implementation, and marketing for events and home-services company.
Director – Asheville Qfest, Asheville NC (2011 to 2013)
- Developed international film festival hosted by Asheville Fine Arts Theatre. Responsibilities included programming, marketing, special events and sponsorships.
Director and Producer – Gaston Pictures Entertainment (2004 to 2014)
- Flight of the Cardinal (feature film) Robbinsville NC
- Campaign 8 (PSA) for Youth Out Right, Asheville NC
- Back on My Feet Again (music video) for M. Roche Media for Ken Will Morton
- Turn Around… (commercial) Blue Waters Mountain Lodge – Robbinsville NC
- The Perfect Square (digital marketing) for Temple University Press, Philadelphia PA
- I Feel Gorgeous (music video) Houston Bernard Music, Cherry Grove NY
- 2 Minutes Later (feature film) with 2ML Productions, Philadelphia PA
- Will You… (short film) Philadelphia Film Society Project, Philadelphia PA
- Open Cam (feature film) with Lil Coals Big Pictures, Washington DC
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE (including events prior to 2004):
Worked in program development at Sony Pictures and on numerous network television series including the Emmy Award-winning staff of Fox’s King of the Hill. For further production credits, education details (including Emerson College) and more, please visit these links IMDB and LinkedIn.