Reviewing the Facts about Digital Media Marketing
Digital media marketing plans help local businesses thrive. Targeted audiences can be reached in cost effective and measurable ways.
Who’s out there? 3 billion people use social media. Consumers spend over 5 hours per day on their smartphones. In the last week, over 65% of consumers can recall a brand they saw advertised on mobile (HubSpot, 2020).
What digital content is popular? Written articles, videos, and images are the three most engaging types of content on social media (Clutch, 2017). 51% of B2B marketers prioritize creating visual assets as part of their marketing strategy. 32% of marketers say visual images are the most important form of content for their businesses (HubSpot, 2018). Visual assets are the single largest content contributor when it came to social media in 2017 (Ofcom, 2017). Studies show that people have the ability to recall 65% of the visual content that they see almost three days later (HubSpot, 2017). 20% of people will read the text on a page, but 80% of people will watch a video (My SMN, 2017). After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online (Forbes, 2017). Social media and video viewing are the two most popular online activities (Smart Insights, 2018). 27% of men and 24% of women in US listened to podcasts last month (Edison Research, 2018). WordPress users produced over 70.5 million new blog posts and over 52 million new comments monthly (WordPress, 2019). Over ¾ of internet users say they read blogs regularly (Quoraceative, 2019).
Where are smartphones visiting? Facebook is the most-used platform globally, followed by YouTube, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Instagram and Google+ (Digital Information World, 2020). 2 million businesses are said to use Facebook for advertising in 2018 (Hootsuite, 2018). LinkedIn has 562 million members (LinkedIn, 2018). 40% of members visit the professional social network each day (Omnicore Agency, 2018). There are 250 million active users on Pinterest (Hootsuite, 2018). In the US Snapchat has 190 million daily active users and there are 68 million monthly active Twitter users (Zephoria, 2019). Also factoring in in the lower part of the top 15 are Skype, Line, Viber, WeChat and tumbler.
When are results expected? As opposed to traditional advertising campaigns, with the right planning and infrastructure in place response time for digital media marketing can be immediate. Improved conversion rates mean your customers are only a few clicks away from making a purchase. When content development, websites and social media efforts are all working together, digital marketing has big potential and add up to more sales.
Why bring in digital media support? 72% of marketers said that having a good content strategy was the major key to success in 2018 (B2B Content Marketing, 2018). Content marketing gets three times more leads than paid search advertising (Content Marketing Institute, 2017). There aretrackable, measurable results with Google analytics and other online metric tools that make it easier to establish how effective your campaign has been and help you to improve your customers’ experience. You can obtain detailed information about how customers use your website or respond to your advertising. Personalizeddata can be analyzed too if your customer database is linked to your website. The more they engage, the more you can refine your customer profile and market effectively to them. By getting involved with social media and managing it carefully, you can build customer loyalty. Digital marketing lets you create engaging campaigns using content marketing. These images, videos and articles can gain social currency as they are passed from user to user and goes viral. A successful digital media plan will build product awareness and customer loyalty, increase revenue, “up” sales, encourage repeat business and promote consumer relationship management and awareness with current and potential customers.
How to get started? Maximize your organization’s digital media potential and connect with Gpro Digital Media today.
Written by Robert Gaston, founder and president of Gpro Digital Media, Kingston, NY (February 18, 2020)
Photos with recent collaborators
Robert Gaston’s work history
President and Founder GPro Digital Media (Gaston Productions), Kingston NY (2018 to Current)
- Develop and oversee long-term digital marketing campaigns as well as conceptualize short-term marketing solutions for small to mid-size businesses located primarily in Ulster County.
- Streamline brand’s message and web presence, often with new logos and websites.
- Create cohesive multi-platform content involving creative writing, graphic design, and image/video shooting and editing skills.
- Customize advertising strategies and social media platforms to stimulate buzz and build community involvement while increasing customer loyalty, brand awareness and sales.
- Please note: Further G-Pro client details are available upon request.
Director – Catskill Mountain Railroad, Kingston NY (2017 to 2019)
- Created original productions Peace Train, Great Train Robbery, and the sold-out Rails of Terror;
- Developed programming that boosted ridership on existing excursion including characters Jackie O Lantern on the Fall Flyer and Pumpkin Express, Billowbee the Bunny and Fernando the Fox on the Easter Bunny Express and Spike the Dog for summertime and new event Ice Cream Sundays.
- With the success of my first three events CMRR began paying all qualified volunteers for the first time in corporation 35+ year history and we were able to create more than 65 new seasonal jobs.
- Created multi-platform marketing materials and a new website with 250,000+ users and 25,000 new subscribers, in turn generating increased following on Facebook and Instagram of more than 25% by 2018.
- Conceptualized and implemented online ticketing platform to improve customer experience.
- Designed and implemented Hospitality Center hosting 26,000+ for 2018 holiday season.
- Advanced cross-promotion strategies by collaborating with numerous community affiliates including The Kingston Plaza, Kenco Outfitters, Radio Woodstock, and Best Western Plus.
- Within two years of tenure increased annual stated revenues across the board including a 31% growth of The Polar Express™ Train Ride. Awarded a 4% refund of 2018 residuals from franchise in recognition of the growth in both revenue and ridership in region.
Direct Care Support Supervisor – Woodstock Manor, Lake Hill NY (2016 to 2018)
- Developed and implemented group activities such as “Interactive Arts” and “Circle of Talent” (a weekly performance and presentation series) and conducted Life Skills activities and “Mindful Meditation” for a private community of adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
- Additional duties included meal planning, cooking, dispensing medication, counseling, goal setting and maintaining Activity and Progress Reports.
Project Manager and Events Coordinator – Help on the Way, Philadelphia PA (2012 to 2016)
- Project development, implementation, and marketing for events and home-services company.
Director – Asheville Qfest, Asheville NC (2011 to 2013)
- Developed international film festival hosted by Asheville Fine Arts Theatre. Responsibilities included programming, marketing, special events and sponsorships.
Director and Producer – Gaston Pictures Entertainment (2004 to 2014)
- Flight of the Cardinal (feature film) Robbinsville NC
- Campaign 8 (PSA) for Youth Out Right, Asheville NC
- Back on My Feet Again (music video) for M. Roche Media for Ken Will Morton
- Turn Around… (commercial) Blue Waters Mountain Lodge – Robbinsville NC
- The Perfect Square (digital marketing) for Temple University Press, Philadelphia PA
- I Feel Gorgeous (music video) Houston Bernard Music, Cherry Grove NY
- 2 Minutes Later (feature film) with 2ML Productions, Philadelphia PA
- Will You… (short film) Philadelphia Film Society Project, Philadelphia PA
- Open Cam (feature film) with Lil Coals Big Pictures, Washington DC
Additional Experience (including events prior to 2004)
Worked in program development at Sony Pictures and on numerous network television series including the Emmy Award-winning staff of Fox’s King of the Hill. For further production credits, education details (including Emerson College) and more, please visit these links IMDB and LinkedIn.