“I have a passion for creating things, especially if they help bring the community together.” – Gpro‘s Rob Gaston
Photos WITH some recent collaborators:
More about GPro’s Rob Gaston’s work history:
President and Founder GPro Digital Media (Gaston Productions), Kingston NY (2018 – Current)
- Provide resources and services for marketing and production in Ulster County area.
- Responsible for developing, initiating, creating and overseeing long-term media projects as well as spearheading short-term marketing solutions.
- Established work force of uniquely skilled community professionals dedicated to excellence.
Director – Catskill Mountain Railroad, Kingston NY (2017 to 2019)
- Within 2 years increased annual stated revenues across the board including a 31% growth of The Polar Express™ Train Ride. Awarded a 4% refund of 2018 residuals from franchise in recognition of the growth in both revenue and ridership and being the leader in region.
- Created original productions including Rails of Terror, Peace Train, and Great Train Robbery. Wrote and produced these productions, as well as developing new characters for events including Jackie O Lantern on the Fall Flyer and Pumpkin Express, Billowbee the Bunny and Fernando the Fox on the Easter Bunny Express and Spike the Dog on summertime excursions.
- After the success of my first three events CMRR began paying all qualified volunteers for the first time in corporation 35+ year history, and I was able to create more than 65 new jobs.
- Developed multi-platform marketing materials and website connecting with 250,000+ users and gaining 25,000 subscribers; increased Facebook and Instagram followers by 25%+.
- Designed and implemented online ticketing platform to improve customer experience.
- Designed and implemented Hospitality Center hosting 26,000+ for 2018 Holiday Season.
- Developed cross promotion strategies collaborating with numerous community affiliates including The Kingston Plaza, Kenco Outfitters, Radio Woodstock, and Kingston Best Western Plus.
Project Manager and Events Coordinator – Help on the Way, Phila PA (2012 – 2017)
- Project development, implementation and marketing of events.
Director – Asheville Qfest, Asheville NC (2011 – 2013)
- Developed and produced international film festival hosted by Asheville Fine Arts Theatre.
- Responsibilities included programming, marketing, special events and sponsorships.
Director and Producer – Gaston Pictures Entertainment (2004 to 2014)
- Flight of the Cardinal (feature film) Robbinsville NC
- Campaign 8 (PSA) for Youth Out Right, Asheville NC
- Back on My Feet Again (music video) for M. Roche Media for Ken Will Morton
- Turn Around… (commercial) Blue Waters Mountain Lodge – Robbinsville NC
- The Perfect Square (digital marketing) for Temple University Press, Philadelphia PA
- I Feel Gorgeous (music video) Houston Bernard Music, Cherry Grove NY
- 2 Minutes Later (feature film) with 2ML Productions, Philadelphia PA
- Will You… (short film) Philadelphia Film Society Project, Philadelphia PA
- Open Cam (feature film) with Lil Coals Big Pictures, Washington DC
Worked on numerous network television series including the Emmy Award winning staff of Fox broadcasting program King of the Hill. Please visit links for production credits and more details.
- IMBD: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0309467/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-fritz-gaston/
Emerson College, Boston MA – Mass Communications
- WERS FM Radio Host
- EIV Series Producer (Emerson Independent Video)
- Emerson College EVVY Award recipient